Saturday, February 21, 2009

Advancing technologically...

Tonight was my first Skype convo with my parents in Florida. Who would have ever thought??? I have to give them credit for figuring it all out. It made me stop and think that if my mom had been born 50 years later, she might have become quite the computer geek. Although they've sort of embraced the computer, they are still resistant to using an ATM card.

I keep wondering what modern advance I will someday resist? Have I already started this process? I am pretty limited in my IPOD tech abilities, can't make my own cell phone ringtones like my kids can, can never really figure out all the capabilities of my cell phone -- although I blame that one on my distaste for reading long booklets of directions. How come I never see my kids reading those long direction books? How come they can figure out cell phones, new cameras, and the like without reading the directions? It's like they have some kind of chip implanted in their brains that allows them to just know automatically what to do with their latest tech gizmo, while I have to plod through pages and pages of confusing directions that I know I'm going to forget anyway.

No comments: